Monday, August 3, 2009

Unexpected letter from Senator Corker

I just got a unexpected letter from Senator Corker. I had already recieved a response from my last letter which I already posted, but this was an additional one. It is as follows:

Letter from Senator Bob Corker (or maybe one of his staff):

Dear Mrs. Doolittle,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I want you to know that I carefully review every proposal and piece of legislation that comes before the full Senate to make sure that I am always acting in a way that I feel will make Tennessee and our nation stronger. To that end, my staff and I read every single letter and e-mail that is sent to us in order to best understand the issues that are important to you, and it is our commitment to respond to your input as thoughtfully and efficiently as possible. Therefore, I invite you to contact my staff member for judiciary, homeland security, appropriations and government affairs, John Lipsey, at (202) 228-6520. I meet with my staff regularly to discuss the issues raised in letters like yours, and I want you to know that your input informs and guides me as I serve you in the Senate.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.



Sincerely, Bob CorkerUnited States Senator

So I did call and left a message. I will let you know if anything comes of it...

No comments: