Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What ever happened to only taxing the rich???

I am again listening to the radio, this time Jason Lewis on 95.3 FM. He is talking about some of the things going on that will effects us regarding taxes. Remember when Obama says he is only taxing the rich? With all the spending he is doing, how are we supposed to sustain it? How can you? You can't. Taxing the top 2% only gives you about 500 bil. Even if you could tax them double it still would not cover the 4 TRIL dollars of budget Obama has set for this year. He has to tax other places, heck, he has to tax all of us everywhere to make all of that up!!!

Something to think about:

Here is some fast and coming tax increases headed our way:

1) Have you been hearing about that wonderful cap and trade bill trying to be passed. Well, that bill is going to hike our fuel and energy and utility cost through the roof! Everything will increase! Jobs will be lost etc, etc., Check out Glen Beck and cap and trade link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIiOk9Dtql4

2) Health Insurance - you know how right now our health insurance premiums most of us pay it pretax, if we have a employee plan the employer pays part of it. If we pay any other costs towards medical depending on how much it is we can sometimes even deduct that from our income taxes. That is now - may not be the same later. Obama wants to tax health insurance, that includes the part the employer pays for you, it will be added as income. I will control myself for my feelings on Obama's health care plan, that will be another post.

3) Cigarette tax - To some of us this isn't an issue - and to be honest I really don't care but the point is that here is another tax increase (100% increase) that effects not just the rich. Actually if we really think about it - lot of people are more towards the poor end.

So if you are getting fired up like I have been there are some things to do. I had decided that I could not live with myself if our country took a turn that made it unrecognizable and I did nothing about it. I want to at least say I tried. This is our future we are talking about, this is our kids future we are talking about, this is our great grandchildren's future we are talking about!!! Our nation is changing fast, faster than I ever thought was possible and the changes that we are making our not sustainable to continue with what America has been great with - freedom, opportunity, our free market system, our choices etc. etc.

Let me make something clear - I am all for charity, helping others, having systems in place to help the poor, people who need health care, etc. But just because there is a link in the house doesn't mean we rebuild the whole house! There are people out there now that cannot afford food and there is a system of food stamps. We are not paying for everybody because a few need help. The same should go with our health care system. OK OK I am stopping, but that may be the topic of my next blog...

WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES:

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

write your senators or call them
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

writer your governer
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Governors.shtml

No comments: